|48 Courtfield Road
Tel: 01784 881279
Fax: 01784 244572
Mob: 07973 313277
dedicated and enthusiastic professional with significant experience of working
to own initiative and successfully setting priorities and achieving goals. A
programmer and web developer who utilises Frontpage but can also raw code in
HTML for low bandwidth programmes. Seeking a contract role allowing a home base
or telephone employment. Ideally suited to VB4 Programming, Web site designing,
or research based work.
- Devised, designed and implemented websites to offer information and
a communication forum for Epilepsy and major head trauma patients.
- Provided bespoke data acquisition and query resolution website
- Successfully completed major 18 month project on behalf of Southern Power
in USA developing web based application to correctly monitor and schedule
- Completed numerous consultancy projects on time and within budget.
Started, ran and developed own business for eleven years, achieving both
profitability and loyal client base. As an employee achieved promotion and
continual escalation of responsibility. Career:
2000 to present
- Responsible for numerous short term projects including website
development for international client.
- Providing assistance to local community support group.
1995 - 2000
IT Consultant R E Coppen
- Working as a IT consultant for specific projects using programming
skills base on primarily web orientated applications.
- Defining client requirements, identifying appropriate methodology
and writing relevant programmes across a broad range of languages.
- Created bespoke time logging system utilising HTML and Perl for
- Additional activity has included writing free standing Java code for
mainframes and necessary Applets for Websites.
- Developed and updated websites through Frontpage software, having
learnt programme from scratch.
Career cont’d:1992 - 1995
IT Consultant Solugistics Ltd
- Assisted a number of Solugistics clients, undertaking defined
project work for the company.
- Re-worked, redesigned and reorganised business critical database for
1981 - 1992
RE Coppen (Heathrow) Ltd
- In 1981 established own motorcycle courier company, working on a
self employed basis, delivering specialist items.
- Between 1983 and 1986 successfully grew company taking on additional
- Reoriented company, developing more company services to supply
business information e.g. Corporate credit worthiness, credit ratings and
- In 1986 redeveloped business further, providing road haulage
services from the Heathrow area, building key clients primarily in the
import and export arena.
- Won important contract to courier credit card documentation to
- Expanded company employing a further two employees and three
1972 - 1980
Analyst EMI Electronics
- ¨1 Promoted twice to this role, having joined as an Engineering
- ¨2 Employed on Defence related work, e.g. Infra-Red range finding
- ¨3 Learnt Basic language on IBM 8000.
1972 - 1972
Quality Assn Officer Dorset Electronics Ltd
1965 - 1968
Civil Service S.R.D.E
Operating Systems: Win XP, Win ME, Win 3.0 through to Win98 Databases: M/S
Access, Dataflex Languages: VB4, HTML Algol, Basic, Fortran Development Tools:
Frontpage 2000, OE6, IE6, Word 2000, MSDN, DragonDictate; Windows API,
1968 Bournemouth Coll. Of Technology; Grad Inst P (Pt I)
1965- 1967 University of Reading; Pure Physical Sciences, Comb Maths, Geology
1964 GCE A Levels; 4 Including Physics
1962 GCE O Levels; 8 Including English and Maths
Date of Birth: 20th March 1947
Marital Status: Single